Thursday, 9 April 2015

First Aid at Height

In March, I attended a course in London on First Aid at Height run by Total Access. It was really useful and interesting for me to refresh the more basic aspects of emergency first aid in the workplace, including CPR, from a working at height perspective, but also to cover some of the specific accidents and injuries which we are more likely to encounter when working at height, such as spinal injuries and harness-related symptoms such as those related to suspension syncope.

I'm really pleased that I took part in this course, and found the course content to be very useful in giving me confidence that if I should ever need to provide first aid while I'm working I would be able to do so. The trainer was very knowledgeable and helpful regarding the particularities of first aid requirements for working at height, and all in all it was a very productive and useful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment